End of Life Care
Surrey Downs Health and Care provides a broad range of palliative care services within the mid Surrey area so patients and their carers can feel secure returning home to be supported by a nursing team that provides a high standard of care.
Surrey Downs Health and Care has a partnership with Princess Alice Hospice, to provide round the clock care to patients at the ends of their lives through its Community and Hospice Home Nursing Service. Surrey Downs Health and Care's district nurses are also closely involved in supporting patients and their families.
The Community and Hospice Home Nursing Service, together with Surrey Downs Health and Care's district nurses, aim to:
- Provide patients with holistic care at the end of their lives, addressing their physical, spiritual, social and psychological needs
- Provide care to all patients with life limiting illnesses, not just cancer
- Support patients to stay at home if that is where they wish to be, to be in comfort and with their symptoms under good control
- Support carers in their important role
- Prevent unnecessary and inappropriate admissions to A&E and hospital.
Who will I see?
The Community and Hospice Home Nursing Service provides registered nurses and senior healthcare assistants who are trained and experienced in working with patients with end of life conditions. You may also be seen by a district nurse, registered general nurse or healthcare assistant who are part of our primary care networks.
Accessing this service
To make a referral to the Community and Hospice Home Nursing Service, please telephone: 020 8394 3868