Primary Care Networks
What is a Primary Care Network (PCN)?
It is a network formed from GP practice populations working in partnership with others to provide health and care to local communities.
What will PCNs do?
- Provide ongoing care and support
- Deploy the most appropriate staff member(s) in a co-ordinated and timely way to best use community resources
- Reduce risk of admission for patients
- Support people in their homes, people in care homes and through in-reach in to hospitals where necessary
- Work closely with the community hospitals and specialist teams
Each PCN has a community focused trimuvirate (group of three) of Lead GP / Community; Lead Clinician and Operational Manager. Specialist services and community hospitals work closely with the PCNs to ensure a whole system approach to working across Surrey Downs.
There are six PCNs covering Surrey Downs Health and Care:
- Banstead Health Care
- East Embridge
- Integrated Care Partnership