Community Therapy Team
The Community Therapy Team (CTT) are a team of physiotherapists, occupational therapists and rehabilitation assistants who provide home based therapy. The team covers patients with GPs in Epsom and Ewell, East Elmbridge, Banstead, Tadworth and Dorking areas.
The service provides rehabilitation for people who are having increasing difficulty in managing their normal daily activities/mobility or who need help to return to a previous level of ability/mobility following:
- an acute deterioration in physical health
- recent illness or injury causing a decrease in ability to cope at home
- a recent hospital discharge where further treatment is needed to improve the person’s ability to manage at home
CTT work closely with other services within Surrey Downs Health and care, Social Services, occupational therapies and other services within the community.
The service aims to increase or maintain a person’s level of independence in all aspects of daily living to:
- prevent hospital or care home admission
- support discharge home from a hospital or care home
- maintain independence at home,
- improve quality of life
Assessment and Treatment is provided in the persons normal place of residence, for example home, care home, supported living environment etc, if they are housebound and unable to attend an outpatient setting.
Patients can expect:
- an assessment of needs by discussion, observation and examination
- that a joint realistic treatment goal will be set
- a time limited course of treatment to reach set goals
- provision of basic equipment,
- regular progress review
- onward referrals and sign-posting to other services as needed, with consent
- a risk assessment of the environment to be undertaken to ensure safe
- delivery of the service
- safe access arrangements to be made for our staff if the patient is unable to answer the door
- staff to seek consent from the patient to receive the service
Who will I see?
You will be seen by one or more of the following team members:
- Occupational therapist
- Rehabilitation Assistant
Accessing the service
If you are a health care professional wishing to make a referral, please see
Referrals to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 020 8296 4488